Rocky Raccoon and Errol

Another gift-giving holiday came and went and once again I made some felt forest creatures for one of my nieces. This particular niece's older sister already had a raccoon and owl, so I changed things up slightly and instead of brown animals, I made grey. And, since I changed up the body color schemes, I also changed up the belly embroidery color scheme to shades of pink.

Here's a shot of the original raccoon and owl I made a few years ago (note the brown). The original pattern from Doodle Stitching by Aimee Ray calls for the shades of brown.

As before, the only machine sewing I did was to sew the front and back body pieces together. Everything else is hand-stitched/appliqued/embroidered. For a touch of Pound Puppies nostalgia, I embroidered a heart and the niece's initials, which actually spell a word (yes, I am a little jealous--my initials are all consonants) on the back of each animal.

P.S. to my niece: Das tut mir leid. I forgot to add the twinkles for the owl's eyes.

Comments

Unknown said…
Also featured in this post is the new butcher-block sewing work bench!