New Jeans for Ernie

My brother's good friend, Ernie, desperately needed some new jeans. He had been rocking the same pair of pants for approximately 35 years (that's just a guess, since I was not there when my brother and Ernie met). Those pants served Ernie well, but now that he has a couple new lady friends to hang out with, he wanted to impress the girls and his holey jeans just were not holding up anymore (I think both literally and figuratively).
  
When Herr Snicklefritz and I were visiting my brother and his family a couple months ago, my sister-in-law mentioned that Ernie would love to order a new pair of jeans from us, the Crafty Snicklefritzes. Ernie had seen the work we have done, including the new jeans my Partner-in-Crime made a while ago, and thought we could sew up a good pair of jeans for him. So, we invited him to come home with us to the Eastern Shore, but promised Ernie that he would be back in the Southwest in time to surprise my brother for his birthday.

The old jeans were not actually made out of denim, but were a cotton printed to look like denim. It is a little difficult to tell in the picture, but the right knee has a blow-out. For the new jeans, we used a tiny scrap of real denim. For a pattern, we traced around the old jeans and added a little seam allowance, which worked pretty well. The new jeans might be slightly snugger, but that's OK. Ernie's kind of a hipster.

Comments

Kate Dunkin said…
This is a great and funny article! Very creative writing, and that's great that you guys gave Ernie new jeans. I'm going to make sure to share this article with my wife,she'll absolutely love it. We both love creative blog-posts like this. Thank you so much for sharing, I'm going to make sure to subscribe to you.